Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
Buying a home is a important life and investment decision. If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate agent.
A real estate agent should do much more than just open doors to show you homes. A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, I will give you the inside story on that property, I will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, I will present and negotiate it on your behalf. If you have just called the seller’s agent and you decide to make an offer, you will be dealing directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal real estate agent is there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
10 Things to Consider when Choosing a Your Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
1.Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
2. Is easy to reach, by phone, text or email and will get back to you quickly.
3. Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
4. Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
5. Knows how to find great properties in your price range and will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
6. Has patience and does not pressure you, just to get a quick sale.
7. Will provide recent sales information of comparable homes, to ensure you don’t overpay for the property you want.
8. Will help you decide on the best price to offer for the home you want, working within your budget.
9. Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
10. Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, honesty, expertise and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit. To book a time to meet with me, please call, text or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you. I would be happy to meet with you and I look forward to hearing from you.